Reports on the Activities of Clothes Bank Project for the Months of April and May 2022
A. April 2022
- The official Inauguration Ceremony for the commencement of the project was held on April 1st, 2022. During the event, clothes were collected at three operational centers in 3 Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
- Distribution of clothes at 4 villages in Oyo State https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iMzlvuKXNoqNm8FKRUYyNfygI5lRl86J?usp=sharing
- Distribution of clothes in Ibadan
- Distribution of clothes in Port Harcourt, Rivers State https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Jyfmr3ya51O8bFhQNWiGMBzNbRueBhHC?usp=sharing
5. Initiation of Eid Clothes DriveB. May 2022
1. Clothes collection in Ibadan, Oyo State: Over 250 units of clothes received
2. Clothes distribution in Shogunro Community in Lagos State: Over 400 families received clothes https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sHvi8dHX2X0BuWTjNpN9RAlDHBVNL-Qu?usp=sharing
3. Over 20 pairs of shoes, 5 female bags, and Ties received
4. Renovation works in Port Harcourt and Abuja Centres commenced; Abuja is 90% completed while Port Harcourt is still work in progress at 30%.
- Advocacy visit to the Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya Nigeria (MKAN) at its National Secretariat in Lagos; where we solicited support during the National Executive Committee meeting. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tz8HJSacbm1H8JGYHglQmW07dEW5j4sm?usp=sharingC. Summary of Our Outreach
1. Total Clothes donated 3000 plus
2. Total Shoes donated 20
3. Total Families who benefitted 700 plus
A. Processing of Received items
We had over 40 volunteers who worked on:
1. Collection of clothes
2. Sorting of clothes
3. Distribution of clothes
Using over 45 hours of work
1. Over 6000 units of clothes generated in 4 locations
2. Over 3000 units of clothes distributed to over 700 families in 6 locations
3. 90% of work done on renovation of the Abuja Clothes Bank
4. Conversion of a Car Park in the Ahmadiyya Mosque, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, to Clothes Bank ongoing.
5. Generated over One hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira (N120,000) in donations
6. Space has been allocated to the Clothes Bank in Akinyele and Omi Adio Circuits, both in Ibadan, Oyo State.
With the support of the HFN media team, we have been able to:
1. The activities of the Clothes Bank on the Facebook page have attracted more followers to the HFN official Facebook page.
2. Make posts on Facebook that have generated over 200 likes on the official Facebook page of HFN.
3. Made tweets on twitter that have been picked up and re-twitted by the Humanity First International (HFI) media team.
4. With the help of MTA Nigeria, the Clothes bank inauguration was featured on the MTA Global News. It can be accessed through this link:
D. Our Challenges
The following have been identified as our immediate challenges:
1. Lack of adequate storage spaces in Lagos operation center; the center which has generated over 60% of the clothes received.
2. We are also having challenges of storage space in Ibadan. Nevertheless, we are making efforts in getting a space.
3. Lack of funds for publicity and administrative works
E. Our Hopes
We intend to:
1. Commence aggressive drives for clothes donations for less privileged people which they can use in celebrating Eid-ul Adha festival.
2. Look for new opportunities to distribute the clothes and other items.
3. Explore all opportunities available to us in raising funds as donations.
F. Breakdown of Clothes donated per outing
1. Okooko Village, Oyo State: April 17, 2022
i. 250 families benefitted
ii. Over 700 units of clothing distributed to over 250 families in four communities
iii. Estimate demography
iv. Children 80 plus
v. Women 100 plus
vi. Men 70 plus
2. Ogbakiri Village, Portharcourt Rivers State: April 22, 2022
i. Adult Clothes Donated: 5 Male / 5 Female
ii. Children Clothes Donated: 20 Male / 30 Female
iii. Total Clothes Donated: 60
iv. Non-Clothes Item Donated: 14 pair of shoes / sandals
v. Fifty (50) families benefitted
3. Shogunro, Lagos State: May 25, 2022
i. Adult clothes: Male 150 Female 400
ii. Children Clothes: Male 200 Female 450
iii. Total Donated items 1, 150 Clothes
i. Adults: Male 50 Female 130
ii. Children: Male 70 Female 140
iii. Total Beneficiaries 450
ABDUL-QADIR, ABDUL-RAFI ALHAJI POPOOLA ISHAQ
TEAM LEAD SECRCRETARY